Monday 4 January 2016

New Year New Project


Beginning of the New Year and I have a completed knitting project - a pair of socks. The pattern is by Kate Atherley, the Basic Ribbed Socks. Regular readers may notice it's not the first time I've used this pattern. Just had a quick count and I think this is the forth pair. It's an easy, quick pattern to follow and knit. Most importantly all the socks have been a perfect fit, I like the structure too for comfortable wear in hiking boots. 


Now about the yarn. It's 'Swing Sock' yarn by Dublin Dye in colour way Water Sprite. I picked this up at the Edinburgh Yarn Festival in March 2015 along with two other skeins - see image below. 

Water Sprite is a mix of blues and greens, is very soft, contains 75% wool / 25% Nylon / 100g hank / 425 metres. Recommended needle size 2.0mm - 3.25mm.



Will probably cast on the Blue Moon hand dyed Indigo by The Border Tart next.  I'm tempted to stick with the pattern I like but maybe I should have a change...