Friday 23 August 2013

Weekend to do list

This weekend I'm continuing with Kate Davies Ursula knitted mittens started a few weeks ago. They've been shortened to fingerless mitts. Also I changed my intended colour choice of pink (started in the cuff). When I began to knit the pink, the fair isle pattern was very faint against the grey background. I decided to change to the orange leaving the pink still in evidence at the cuff. I would like a matching pair of gloves so I'm still keeping the pink there on this second glove.


I've been reading Maggie O'Farrell's novel 'The Distance Between Us'. I'm half way through and know that I won't be able to put this down towards the end. So far it's a very good read.


This is the first of 99 crochet hexagons for my most recently started project.The pattern Lakeside Forest Blanket is by Lisa Clarke of Polka Dot Cottage. It's a very easy and well written pattern so I'm hoping to actually complete this blanket ahead of the cold weather. Lisa includes advice on how to make alternative colour choices. I'm opting for a mix of colours for the circular centres, a contrast cream band surrounding each colour and an all over grey background.


For a while I've been eyeing up Debbie Bliss's Blue Face Leicester DK yarn (a change from my usual Shetland wool). There are 16 colours in the range, these are the one's I have at the moment for my crochet blanket. This is a lovely yarn to work with...